Visit Oberon Railway Station and Rollingstock Shed
Coming to Oberon? Why not visit Oberon Railway Station and Rollingstock Shed? In the Heritage listed PC3 station building you will see a photo display of the Tarana Oberon branch line history, OTHR’s restoration of the Oberon Yard Precinct and railway memorabilia. Walk through and seat down in 1897 American style End Platform Carriages. In the Yard view a variety of trikes and track inspection cars and a short walk down to the Rollingstock Shed where you can find our 73CL Diesel Locomotives, more carriages and inspection cars.
Open on the 1st Saturday of the month between 10.00am to 2.00pm or by appointment for groups (see Contact Us page on OTHR.com.au)
Admission charge is $5.00 (18 years and over)
Working Bee 4th & 5th April
Another successful working bee was carried out on the 4th & 5th April with jobs worked on: repainting of S14201, some more prep work for paint on Car Set 21. Asset stocktake, catalogue of some donated items and working on some grant funding. Special thanks for our ‘out of towners’ who come up for the Bi-monthly General Meeting and participated in the working bee either side of the meeting night.
Lowes Mount Road Level Crossing
OTHR has written to Oberon Council and John Holland Rail asking both parties to resolve the boundary adjustment issue, on land adjacent to the level crossing on Lowes Mount Road. While the boundary adjustment issue is being progressed, OTHR has sought approval from John Holland Rail to carry out maintenance work on the track North of Albion Street to Tarana.
Working Bees 2018
A list of jobs we would like to complete during future working bees. It may be necessary to change the structure of future working bees. Five day in a row at the beginning of each month is not practical for many of the members. If you have an idea or suggestion to make about this email the President Greg Bourne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carpentry – The lock up Door, Store room shelving, Install wooden yard gates at northern fence near home signal,
- Container – Clear up inside container to allow storage of tools
- Clean up and weed control – Take away all garbage, Weed control along line to Hazelgrove and beyond, At the tip. Protect the sleepers from Fire and theft. (Bring into Oberon Yard), Tidy up all the area at the tip.
- Mechanical – Tractor service, Wheels on sleeper inserter
- Museum & station display – List the origin, add ownership of exhibits (database or spreadsheet) Display of signals and points, Station set up displays balance into storage?
- Office – Office sort documents and develop a filing system
- Painting – The lock up – paint exterior, Paint the timbers on restored S-Wagon, Paint carriage roof – Silver- shield and other colour, Paint ends of culverts
- Rolling stock shed – Develop the area in front of office. Work shop or kitchen? Fix drips in roof and gutters, Doors to rolling stock shed. Put gravel in between sleepers on 2nd & 3rd roads into Rollingstock shed
- Track – Relocate ladder on home signal.
Heritage Operators Licence (HOL) from Albion Street to Tarana
OTHR has had several meetings with John Holland Rail and Oberon Council to progress the Heritage Operators Licence (HOL) from Albion Street to Tarana