These photographs are provided as a background to the restoration of the branch line and for the information of historians and enthusiasts. Where possible, sources have been acknowledged. If you have any additional information about errors, sources or captions, please advise OTHR
The Copyright of these photographs remains with the source / photographer and these photographs may not be reproduced without their permission.
If you have any photographs you would like to make available for public viewing could you please contact OTHR.
- Ron Preston Collection – A collection of Ron’s valuable photographs.
- Dennis O’Brien Collection – 21 photos of a Down Mixed in 1960 and 21 photos of a Special Oberon Tour Train 14th May 1961, 17 photos of the ARHS Special Train to Oberon 9th March 1963 and 9 photos of the last Commercial Service to Oberon – 27th September 1979.
- Graeme Stanley Collection – These photographs show the last regular steam hauled train on 23 Jan 1963 plus two earlier photos – one from 1959 and one from 1962..
- Paul Ballard Collection – 8 photos of the ARHS Special Train to Oberon 9th March 1963.
- John Watters Collection – 8 photos of snow at Oberon station in July 1965.
- Dr. John Kramer Collection – 2 photos of the ARHS Special Train to Oberon 9th March 1963 and 10 photos of 4857 working the line on 16th August 1977.
- Tony Woodland Collection – 4 photos taken during the last steam train run in NSW on 21st April 1974 showing 4522 on the Oberon Branch as well as 7 interesting photographs of Tarana including the signal box.
- The Gray Collection – Some interesting photographs taken circa 1975. These were contributed by James and Jeanette Gray in late 2009.
- Bob Winch Collection – These photographs of 4917 on an Up Goods were taken by Bob Winch in the late 1970s.
- The Heritage Rail website