There is always a variety tasks and projects that members can get involved with at OTHR, from vegetation control, track work, painting of rollingstock, maintenance and rebuilding rollingstock just to name a few. And the skills required also vary from task to task, so if you want to become actively involved in OTHR’s mission to run a Heritage Tourist Train on the Oberon Branch Line, give us a call or send OTHR an email.
• Last Friday of the month prep Station / Rollingstock shed for the open day. (ongoing)
• Vegetation control Oberon Yard (ongoing)
Clear track defects in the yard.
o Install clearance markers on all turnouts. > WIP
o Replace 9 lengths of rail on 3 road (Main).
o Install Stop Block on 3 road at gates near home signal.
o Double Dog spike on “crossings”.> WIP
• Install throw over lever on 5 road points.
• Relocate ladder on Home Signal.
• Re-painting of S14201. > WIP >
• Re-painting of Car Set 21.
o Body – WIP
• Install wooden gates at northern fence near home signal.
• Relocate paint and other items from area between 6 road and side of shed to the new work area. > WIP
• Review items stored in the Freezer Van, take unwanted items to the tip. > WIP
Grant for platform
The local member Paul Toole called into the Oberon Station this afternoon, to announce that the Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway was successful in obtaining a $133k grant to replace the platform retaining wall and coping edge. This is great news for the hard working volunteers of OTHR who are preserving the heritage listed station and platform as part of the overall plan to run a heritage tourist train along the Oberon Branch Line.
Visit Oberon Railway Station and Rollingstock Shed
Coming to Oberon? Why not visit Oberon Railway Station and Rollingstock Shed? In the Heritage listed PC3 station building you will see a photo display of the Tarana Oberon branch line history, OTHR’s restoration of the Oberon Yard Precinct and railway memorabilia. Walk through and seat down in 1897 American style End Platform Carriages. In the Yard view a variety of trikes and track inspection cars and a short walk down to the Rollingstock Shed where you can find our 73CL Diesel Locomotives, more carriages and inspection cars.
Open on the 1st Saturday of the month between 10.00am to 2.00pm or by appointment for groups (see Contact Us page on OTHR.com.au)
Admission charge is $5.00 (18 years and over)
Subscribe via Email
Enter your details to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.