Another successful project working bee has been completed in the Oberon Yard as follows:-
• Replaced 9 turnout timber bearers on the ‘back end’ of road 2 & 3 turnout (Scotia Ave end).
• Replaced 2 sleepers on Road 2 near the turnout.
• Replaced 4 turnout timber bearers on the ‘front end’ of the PWD’s siding and some earth works.
• Replaced 2 turnout timber bearers on the ‘back end’ of road 4 /5 turnout.
• Lifted into the ‘4 foot’ a 40’ stock / check rail unit on 4 road, ready to replace the existing one on the next working bee.
A big thanks to the volunteers (Geoff, Graham, Greg and Martyn) and assisted by Ken and the excavator from Oberon Council (456 grant in kind).
Planning underway for the next working bee on 5th & 6th June