Working Bee 7th & 8th August
OTHR volunteers have carried out a number of jobs in the Oberon yard which included:-
• Replaced a number of timbers, supporting compensators and other rodding equipment.
• With the replacement of all the timbers, the ‘de-rail’ on the run around loop was reconnected and worked from the ‘C’ frame lever, the first time in 40 years (last train).
• Relocated two stop blocks.
• Installed some racking in the storage container and re-organise the storage container.
• Develop and events management SOP.
• Some tidy up in the office.
We had 6 volunteers for each of the two day, with the second day testing from a weather point of view (wind and rain)