15 Year Plan
5, 10 & 15 Year Plans
The Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway (OTHR) long term mission is to operate a heritage tourist train from Oberon Station on the Oberon branch line to the siding at Tarana Station.
5 Year Plan 2020 – 2025
- Obtain accreditation for Rail Transport Operator and Rail Infrastructure Maintenance from Oberon Yard to Hazelgrove.
- Restore the railway line between Oberon Yard and Hazelgrove using Federal Government $1.5M Community Development Grant between Oberon Yard and Hazelgrove.
- Set a target date for work train to operate to Hazelgrove.
- Set a target date to run Diesel Locomotive hauled Tourist Train from Oberon to Hazelgrove.
10 Year Plan to Year 2030
- Obtain HOL for the Oberon Branch line from Hazelgrove to Carlwood.
- Apply for State and Federal funding to restore the line to an operational condition from Hazelgrove to Carlwood.
- Restore the railway line from Hazelgrove to Carlwood. (Just South of the Snake Valley Creek bridge).
- Set a target date to run Diesel Locomotive hauled tourist train from Hazelgrove to Carlwood.
15 year Plan to Year 2035
- Obtain HOL for the Oberon Branch line from Carlwood to Tarana.
- Apply for State and Federal funding to restore the line to an operational condition.
- Restore the railway line from Carlwood to Tarana
- Set a target date to run Diesel Locomotive hauled tourist train from Carlwood to Tarana.
Achievements 2017 – 2019
- Obtained Accreditation for Rail Operations, Infrastructure Maintenance, Track Vehicle Maintenance and Rolling Stock Restoration within the Oberon Yard.
- Heritage Operator Licence (HOL) for the Oberon yard obtained 29th August 2017
- ONRSR accreditation for Track Maintenance, Rolling Stock Restoration in July 2017.
- ONRSR accreditation to operate Track Maintenance Vehicles within Oberon Yard in July 2017.
- Obtain accreditation for shunting of rolling stock using a tractor within Oberon yard by February 2017
- Obtained ONRSR accreditation in July 2017.
- Increase the number of the days that tourists can enter and view the Oberon yard precinct.
- Appointments can now be made for Group bookings.
- Increase the number of displays and activities for tourist view.
- Commenced in March 2018 and ongoing.
- Continue to seek opportunities for more Rolling Stock acquisitions and progress its restoration.
- In Progress. Restoration of Car Set No 21
- We have increased new memberships and number of volunteers.
- Maintain Oberon Yard, Station and Rolling Stock and Sheds.
- Ongoing and being maintained, completely restored the station platform retaining wall in 2019/20.
- September 2020 Obtained HOL for the Oberon Branch line from Oberon Yard North of Albion Street to Hazelgrove.
- Application made to TfNSW. Approval pending.
- Track Certification for roads 3 & 4 on 7th January 2020