Oberon Tarana Heritage Railway Inc. Mission Statement
• To achieve accreditation as a rail transport operator (RTO) from the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR).
• To operate a railway and manage associated safety risks, implementing an approved safety management system.
• To run a heritage tourist train along the Oberon Tarana branch line – the pioneer line – to the main western line.
• To generate tourist-related employment and volunteering opportunities for residents in the Oberon/Bathurst area.
• To enhance rail heritage, prioritise & promote the wider area as a Railway Tourist Precinct.
• To network with other rail heritage groups and museums: e.g. Valley Heights, Lithgow, Zig Zag, Bathurst, Cowra.
• To enter Heritage Railway Partnership with like-minded bodies.
Heritage Railway Partners